Dr. Woody is a CEC certified professional coach trained in the field of Organizational Psychology. Prior to founding his own firm, Dr. Woody served as a management consultant with PricewaterhouseCoopers and a project manager with IBM Global Business Services. Dr. Woody has worked with SAP, Bacardi USA, and Century 21 Real Estate to name a few. As an experienced practitioner, Dr. Woody has worked with individuals, managers, and executives on developing career strategies and building management and leadership capacity.
- Career Coaching (Group/Individual)
- Career Workshops & Webinars
- Executive Coaching
- Management Training Webinars & Workshops
Career Coaching (Group/Individual)
Based on the VIPER model (outlined in The YOU Plan book), Dr. Woody offers a number of career coaching offerings designed to help get one’s career search back on track! Dr. Woody’s offerings include:
- One-on-One Coaching (for professionals) – Individual coaching sessions with Dr. Woody based on the VIPER model (minimum six sessions over the phone)
- Group Coaching for Job Seekers** – A 10 part Q&A style series of interactive group coaching sessions where Dr. Woody will work with transitioning professionals on strategies for tackling the job hunt in the new economy.
- YOU Plan Teleseminars** – A 7-part call-in series (1 hour per call) where Dr. Woody will walk participants through each of the steps of the VIPER model with the end result being a personalized Roadmap for getting out of the career hot seat and back into the game.
Career Workshops & Webinars
The YOU Plan – Thriving in the New Economy
When faced with challenge, successful people always find opportunity. The New Economy is no longer about chasing opportunities, it’s about creating opportunities! The YOU Plan workshop is about helping you learn how to take charge of your career by first looking inward and then creating a personalized plan!
The workshop is based on Dr. Woody’s VIPER model which comes from his book The YOU Plan. We each have our own unique compliment of strengths and ambitions, yet most of us never fully leverage them! The VIPER model is designed to guide you through the process of introspection and self-discovery by answering the following questions:
- What are your Values?
- What are your Intrinsics?
- What are your Passions?
- What is your Essence or brand?
- What is your Roadmap?
Takeaways: You will walk away with a roadmap for living purposefully and achieving life-long career ambitions. Each participant will be provided with:
- HCI Values assessment
- YOU Plan Workbook
- A personalized “Roadmap” for success
The YOU Brand – Standing Above the Competition
Whether you like it or not, you are a brand and there is no better time to reinvent yourself (and your brand) than now! Standing out in the New Economy will be critical to your career success. However, it’s not just about standing out, it’s about standing out in a meaningful and purposeful way!
Just as The YOU Plan workshop, The YOU Brand workshop is based on the VIPER model derived from Dr. Woody’s book The YOU Plan. The purpose is to learn how to create a brand by looking inward and drawing out the essence of who you are!
Takeaways: You will walk away with a clear understanding of what your brand package is and how to take it to market. Each participant will be provided the following:
- Brand outline and statement
- Brand talking points
*Does not include expenses (travel, lodging, and per diem food are charged separately)
Dr. Woody also offers custom 60 minute live webinars available to professional associations, chambers, and companies upon request. The webinars are designed to introduce participants to the YOU Plan and YOU Brand concepts.
The focus of Dr. Woody’s coaching is to work with business leaders in dealing with the challenges of managing and leading by facilitating thoughtful decision making and creative problem solving. He accomplishes this though:
- Assessing Personality and Leadership Style
- Building Self Awareness
- Developing Communication Skill
- Creating a Roadmap for Success
Dr. Woody uses a variety of assessments in the initial phases of coaching in order to assess strengths and build self-awareness. These may include:
- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator Step II (Form Q)
- California Psychological Inventory-(CPI-260)
A manager/executive must think like a choreographer. They must set the tone, structure the environment, generate momentum, and make the critical decisions that allow for successful execution. Dr. Woody works with managers/executives on the following areas:
- Developing leadership style
- Recognizing de-railers
- Strategic thinking
- Creating opportunities
- Cultivating managerial talent
- Having critical conversations
Management Training Workshops & Webinars
The Psychology of Effective Management (PEM)
The transition from individual contributor to manager is often a dramatic change. And, it is one that we are rarely prepared for! The PEM program is designed for supervisor and manager level individuals with staff responsibility. Regardless of industry or span of control, this program is an opportunity to develop the core management skills critical to success in any environment.
The PEM program consists of six (6) 60 minute modules to be taken in chronological order along with three follow-up coaching sessions and a group follow-up feedback session. The modules can be delivered as part of a full-day program, multi-day series, or a webinar series. The modules:
- The Role of Values in Decision Making
- Understanding & Managing Personality
- Management style & De-railers
- Decision Making and Delegation
- Critical Conversations
- Influence: The Art of Persuasion
For more information on Dr. Woody’s management and executive development programs, please go to www.Humancapitalintegrated.com or contact Dr Woody’s office at 301-651-1199 or at DrWoody(at)DrWoody.com